Preventing false alarms. Before heading out for that last summer trip, act to ensure that your security system won’t accidentally be triggered while you’re out of town. Or if it is set off, make sure your security company knows exactly who to contact.
How You Can Prevent False Alarms
- Before leaving town, update your contact list with the monitoring company. Make sure your phone numbers and who should be contacted in case of an incident are correct. Some people add a local relative or neighbor as primary contact when they are out of town.
- Give temporary pass codes to anyone who might be in and out while you are away. Make sure they know how to use the system.
- Keep hanging objects, like plants, away from motion detectors. Make sure floating balloons are deflated as they may drift in front of the sensors.
- Before arming the system, close and lock all doors and windows.
- Have you had your security system serviced recently? If something is wrong, contact the alarm company immediately.
- Use video or audio in conjunction with the alarm system. This allows the monitoring company to hear or see the premises and verify an intrusion or fire.
- Use your system! A lot of burglaries or intrusions can be prevented if the alarm system is on because the audio siren scares them away. If you have it, arm it.
How Atronic Prevents False Alarms
Since false alarms can result in a fine for the home owner, Atronic Alarms takes them very seriously.
Atronic Alarms only installs the best technologies from known, dependable dealers such as Honeywell, Bosch, HAI and DMP. This high-quality equipment has been field tested by professionals, trained and certified by each manufacturer.
Also, Atronic Alarms designs each system to meet the individual needs of each client. This is done by taking the client’s lifestyle, environment and security needs into consideration every time. This reduces false alarms from individual factors like pets or open windows.
Atronic Alarms provides onsite quality assurance training for each client. This ensures that the client is familiar with operating their security system before the system is placed online with the local central monitoring station.
Once your security system is online, it is your responsibility to keep it maintained and in good working order. Atronic Alarms has extended warranties to help maximize your investment and keep you safe.
Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend!