We have compiled our 2016 Summer Safety Tips below. Have any to add? Visit our Facebook page and let us know!
Going on Vacation?
- Automate your lights to go on and off at different times of the day to give your home that “lived in” look.
- Have someone mow your lawn and gather your mail.
- Make sure your call list is up to date with us so we can reach you in the event of an emergency. We can also set a “temporary” call list for specific days.
- Contact us to replace any old or faded Atronic Alarms, Inc. yard signs. Make sure they are seen easily from the street. Signs are a great way to let people know your home and your family are protected.
Summer Alarm Scams
Some alarm companies use unethical door-to-door sales tactics in the summer. If you have any questions, call us! We don’t send people out to your home without contacting you first. Read more in this article in the SDM May 2016 magazine.
Summer Safety with Your Children
- Keep track of your kids while they are home from school by installing cameras to check in on them through your smartphone or computer. Many systems we offer have the ability to add this feature easily.
- Make sure they know how to use the alarm system. It is a good time to revisit with them what will happen in the event of a false alarm or a “real” emergency situation, and set your safety protocol for both fire and burglary.
- Provide activities. Give them chores, create schedules to follow with plenty of “fun” time and “down” time. Kids are less likely to get into trouble if they are busy.
- If they are old enough to have cell phones you can usually set up a GPS tracking service with your mobile phone carrier so you can track their phones at any time.
- Own a pool? We can install sensors to alert you if someone opens the gate or enters the area.
- Worried about liquor cabinets, gun safes or other valuables? We can also install asset protection which, like the pool gates, will alert you on your mobile device if someone opens the door.
Have a fun and safe Summer!
Summer is the time of year where the door-to-door, high pressured sales people start making their rounds in neighborhoods. Some companies in the security industry will hire young, fast talking kids who infer they are representing your existing alarm provider and that they are there to upgrade your system for “free.” They may even go as far as saying their company has “bought out” your current alarm company.
If someone like this shows up at your doorstep, do not be pressured into signing any paperwork (which is a long-term monitoring contract) and contact your alarm company immediately.
Several of our clients have called us as a result of these “summer programs.” Atronic Alarms will never send service or sales consultants to your home or business without a scheduled appointment.We do not require you to sign any long-term monitoring contracts and we will never pressure you to “upgrade” your system.
To read more about how to protect yourself from door-to-door scammers, visit this past post.
Most kids are excited to get out of school for the summer so they can sleep in, play video games, read books, play outdoors, invite friends over and duck the torment their parents give them about cleaning their room and doing chores.
It is important to remember that since children are home, safety dynamics have changed. More frequent running in and out of the house means you will probably arm and disarm your system differently. You may want to add different codes or users. If this is the case, please contactAtronic Alarms so we can let Alarm Central update their call and user list.
Most cell phones have the ability to turn on a GPS tracking system. This may come in handy during the summer months if your kids are old enough to drive. It is usually just an extra monthly charge from your mobile provider and can be used in case of an emergency.
If you work out of the home and your teens are in and out, you may want to think about investing in a economical video monitoring system that will allow you to keep track of them through mobile phone and computer video alerts. The system is perfect for those summer times where a little extra activity in the house doesn’t have to mean any less safety.
Atronic wishes everyone a safe summer.