Total Connect 2.0 is Honeywell’s newest solution for home and business owners to have mobile and web access to monitor security, lighting, HVAC and video.
With hardwired or wireless IP cameras and access to the Internet through a smart phone, iPad or computer, Total Connect users can check in with family or employees from anywhere in the world.
The upgraded product utilizes many of the same functions of the older version but has an enhanced graphic interface, which makes it easier to track and manage your environment.
- Know when your children get home from school or if they haven’t arrived home by a specific time.
- Know if an elderly relative has left the premises, pressed a panic pendant or summoned emergency help.
- Receive an alert when the security system has been armed or disarmed.
Find out when a liquor cabinet or safe has been opened.
- Receive an alert if motion is sensed in a protected area indoors or outdoors.
- Be alerted when flood or extreme temperatures have been detected.
- Know if valuable objects like flat screen televisions, paintings, heirlooms, computers or office equipment are moved.
Total Connect 2.0 works with most of the Honeywell security control panels.
Most kids are excited to get out of school for the summer so they can sleep in, play video games, read books, play outdoors, invite friends over and duck the torment their parents give them about cleaning their room and doing chores.
It is important to remember that since children are home, safety dynamics have changed. More frequent running in and out of the house means you will probably arm and disarm your system differently. You may want to add different codes or users. If this is the case, please contactAtronic Alarms so we can let Alarm Central update their call and user list.
Most cell phones have the ability to turn on a GPS tracking system. This may come in handy during the summer months if your kids are old enough to drive. It is usually just an extra monthly charge from your mobile provider and can be used in case of an emergency.
If you work out of the home and your teens are in and out, you may want to think about investing in a economical video monitoring system that will allow you to keep track of them through mobile phone and computer video alerts. The system is perfect for those summer times where a little extra activity in the house doesn’t have to mean any less safety.
Atronic wishes everyone a safe summer.