We have compiled our 2016 Summer Safety Tips below. Have any to add? Visit our Facebook page and let us know!
Going on Vacation?
- Automate your lights to go on and off at different times of the day to give your home that “lived in” look.
- Have someone mow your lawn and gather your mail.
- Make sure your call list is up to date with us so we can reach you in the event of an emergency. We can also set a “temporary” call list for specific days.
- Contact us to replace any old or faded Atronic Alarms, Inc. yard signs. Make sure they are seen easily from the street. Signs are a great way to let people know your home and your family are protected.
Summer Alarm Scams
Some alarm companies use unethical door-to-door sales tactics in the summer. If you have any questions, call us! We don’t send people out to your home without contacting you first. Read more in this article in the SDM May 2016 magazine.
Summer Safety with Your Children
- Keep track of your kids while they are home from school by installing cameras to check in on them through your smartphone or computer. Many systems we offer have the ability to add this feature easily.
- Make sure they know how to use the alarm system. It is a good time to revisit with them what will happen in the event of a false alarm or a “real” emergency situation, and set your safety protocol for both fire and burglary.
- Provide activities. Give them chores, create schedules to follow with plenty of “fun” time and “down” time. Kids are less likely to get into trouble if they are busy.
- If they are old enough to have cell phones you can usually set up a GPS tracking service with your mobile phone carrier so you can track their phones at any time.
- Own a pool? We can install sensors to alert you if someone opens the gate or enters the area.
- Worried about liquor cabinets, gun safes or other valuables? We can also install asset protection which, like the pool gates, will alert you on your mobile device if someone opens the door.
Have a fun and safe Summer!