We love our pets. And we understand that you do, too. That’s why we offer a pet safety system that “watches” over your pets while you’re away.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, pets and wild animals are involved in starting about 700 home fires each year.
With a pet safety system, as soon as the devices detect smoke it alerts Atronic’s monitoring station and the fire department is dispatched immediately. These minutes saved may be the most important minutes of your pet’s life.
Since the BEST fire is NO fire, here are some additional tips from the National Fire Protection Association to keep your pets safe:
Pet Safety Tips
- Pets are curious. They may bump into, turn on, or knock over cooking equipment. Keep pets away from stoves and countertops.
- Keep pets away from candles, lamps, and space heaters.
- Always use a metal or heat-tempered glass screen on a fireplace and keep it in place.
- Keep pets away from a chimney’s outside vents.
- Have a “pet-free zone” of at least 3 feet (1 meter) away from the fireplace. Glass doors and screens can stay dangerously hot for several hours after the fire goes out.
- Consider battery-operated, flameless candles. They can look and smell like real candles.
- Some pets are chewers. Watch pets to make sure they don’t chew through electrical cords. Have any problems checked by a professional.
- Have working smoke alarms on every level of the home. Test your smoke alarms at least once a month. If the smoke alarm sounds, get out and stay out.
- Never go back inside for pets in a fire. Tell firefighters if your pet is trapped. You can also order Pet Rescue Stickers that adhere to your door or windows to alert first responders.
Atronic Alarms, Inc. *smoke detectors are always on, even if your security system is disarmed. There is NO additional monitoring fee to add fire protection.
P.S. Do you ever wonder what your pets do when you are not home? Ask us about our optional camera feature so you can “watch” your pets while you are away!