2017 Fall Safety Tips from Atronic Alarms, Inc.
Practice a fire drill twice a year with your family and test the batteries in your electrician-installed smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Remember, your Atronic Alarms installed fire* system is always on, even when your alarm system is turned off. *Fire devices must be in good working order and communicating with our central monitoring station.
Halloween is nearly upon us! If your plans for the weekend include carving pumpkins, here are 11 fun pumpkin-carving tips from Good Housekeeping and ExtremePumpkins for safe carving and fun designs.
The recent hurricanes pounding the coasts this month are reminders that Mother Nature reigns over humans every time. As we wrap up September, which is National Preparedness Month, remember that it’s never too late to complete a disaster preparedness plan.
We complied information from Ready.gov for emergencies faced by those in the Midwest. For a full list of preparedness plans for all type of emergencies, please visit the Ready.gov website.
Preventing false alarms. Before heading out for that last summer trip, act to ensure that your security system won’t accidentally be triggered while you’re out of town. Or if it is set off, make sure your security company knows exactly who to contact.
Monday, Aug. 21, 2017, marks the first time those in the contiguous U.S. will be able to view a total solar eclipse in 38 years. The line of “totality,” which is where the moon completely blocks the sun from view, crosses just North of the metro.
Back-to-School Safety Tips
with Atronic Alarms, Inc.
At dusk, the lulling sound of cicadas signal that summer is ending. It also signals that school is starting, and a panic is rising in all of us who have younger children. We’re not ready. We’re not ready for the early morning hectic schedule, the parent meetings, the lunches, the agonizing nights of homework . . .
As temperatures rise, so do door-to-door home security scams. Some are perpetuated nearly every summer, and we’ve warned of them in the past. However, every year, criminals create new ways to take your money. Knowing what to look for is the best way to avoid getting caught up in their schemes.
Below are 5 quick summer safety tips in 2017:
- Some alarm companies use unethical door-to-door sales tactics in the summer. We do NOT send people to your home without first contacting you. If you have any questions or concerns, call us at 913.362.0000.
- Keep your outdoor cooking unit a safe distance from your house, and make sure it cools down properly after grilling before leaving it unattended. Read You Saved Our Lives.
- Make sure your children and their friends stay safe in your home with cameras that send you image alerts over your mobile phone, tablet, or desktop. Be assured that the gun safe, liquor cabinet, or backyard pool is not accessed without your knowledge.
- Contact us to replace any old or faded Atronic Alarms, Inc. yard signs. Make sure they are seen easily from the street.
- If you are leaving for vacation, automate your lights to go on and off at different times of the day to give your home that “lived in” look. Have a friend or neighbor mow your yard, and pick up any packages on your porch and newspapers in your yard.
Have a Safe Summer!!
With spring in full swing and summer hot on its heels, home buying typically becomes more active. If you’re house hunting, take note of several home safety features that add layers of protection to your potential new home.
Reporters from KGW News, in Portland, Oregon asked 86 convicted burglars to respond anonymously to a written survey at the Oregon Department of Corrections. The team hoped to discover information such as how the convicts invaded the homes they chose, what they wanted to find, and the time of day of the crime.