Atronic Alarms has an immediate opening in the Kansas City office for a highly motivated individual to join our growing accounting and finance team. This is a new position due to the company’s success and growth.
Accounting and Administrative Assistant – Kansas City
The Accounting and Administrative Assistant will perform many accounting and finance functions, including, but not limited to: financial reporting and analysis, accounts receivable, accounts payable.
- Assist in month-end journal entries including WIP schedule and audit preparation
- Performs required data entry functions for A/P and A/R processing
- Assist in generating timely and accurate customer invoices
- Monitors accounts receivable aging report to ensure timely customer payments while communicating with managers to ensure overdue invoices are addressed with customer
- Assist in resolving customer inquiries regarding invoicing and payment process
- Obtains and verifies documentation to process payment for accounts payable
- Performs accounts receivable and accounts payable reconciliations monthly.
We are looking for someone with proven skills in an accounting environment who understands the importance of maintaining high standards of accuracy. This is a fast paced position where attention to detail is very important. The successful candidate will be someone with a positive attitude that likes working in a team atmosphere and is willing to assist with any project that comes their way.
Education and Experience:
- College Degree in Accounting or related field desired, High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on G/L, WIP, A/P and A/R accounting experience; 5 or more years preferred (Bachelor’s degree can be substituted for experience)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and possess basic computer knowledge
- Excellent professional communication skills; ability to relate positively with others in the workplace
- Good time management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task
- Solid documentation skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment
- Knowledge of and experience using computer software programs including Word and Excel
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting processes and procedures
Applicants possessing a strong knowledge of Accounting, who are detail oriented, self-motivated and who are interested in joining a growth-oriented company should apply.
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life Insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday, sick, and personal days
- Educational assistance
- Training and Growth opportunities
The starting pay rate for this position will depend on the person’s experience and qualifications. Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter including desired rate of pay to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 913.492.0601.
Atronic Alarms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free environment.