How To Choose Your Alarm Company
People want security systems in their home or business to protect their family, their belongings, staff and other assets. It is important, since a security dealer will thoroughly learn about your environment and your specific needs, that you choose a company that you can trust.
The following recommendations and questions to ask or consider when researching companies will help you make an educated decision.
- Is the company national, regional or local?
- Is the company part of a national dealer program with high-quality, premium products?
- Does the company specialize in residential and commercial security?
- Will the company provide at least three references from current customers? What are the names of these references?
- Is the company licensed to install security systems in your area?
- What kind of warranties are provided?
- Will you be owning the system or leasing it?
- Do you have to sign any long-term monitoring contracts?
- Is the company a member in good standing of local associations, such as:
- The local/national chapter of the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association
- The local Chamber of Commerce
- The American Society for Industrial Security
- How many wireless systems has the company installed? How many hardwire systems?
- Does the company have a local central monitoring station?
- Does the company have a referral program?
- What will the sales/installation process entail?
- How many people will perform the installation and what kind of identification will they have. Are they employees or are they outsourced?
- Are background and criminal checks conducted on each employee? Is drug testing performed as well?